Sage’s Health Store is committed to protecting our customer's privacy. Please take the time to review this notice which explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and your rights.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This information may include:
Information you provide to us when you use our Site (e.g. your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and any information which you add to your account profile);
• Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information);
• Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media);
• Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey;
• Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site; and
• Other information necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent
What do we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
We use your information in the following ways:
Identity & Contact Information
- to deliver your purchases to you
- to send you service messages by email such as order updates
- to create and manage your account
- to provide customer care and support, and handle returns
- for security and to check your identity
- to provide you with marketing (where we have the right to do so)
- to direct you to the right part of the website
- to communicate with you
- to take payment, and give refunds
- for fraud prevention and detection
- to provide products you order to you
- to provide customer care and support, and handle returns
Technical & Usage Information
- to improve our Site and any Application and set default options for you (such as language and currency)
- to keep our Site safe and secure
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
- to manage your participation in any loyalty scheme
Marketing and Communications Information
- to send you information by email about our products and services
- to provide customer care and support
- to enable you to log-in to our Site simply and easily without having to create a separate account
- to enable you to share products and services if you choose to
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
• Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
• Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
• Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of the Site, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
We love to communicate with our customers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing or purchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in!), you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us (details below), clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and delivery confirmations, and information about your legal rights).
You may also see ads for our Site on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve ads to customers who have visited our Site). Where you see an ad on social media, this may because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
Who do we share this personal data with?
We share customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. payment processors and delivery companies.
• With our professional and legal advisors.
• With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
• With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
• Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Storage and Retention
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal data may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your data than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
This Site ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. This process involves the converting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access. This Site follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel.
Whilst we do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected at all times from our Site, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the information that has been transmitted to our Site.
Our Site is not intended for, and should not be used by, children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16.
You have certain rights in respect of your personal data, including the right to access, portability, correct, and request the erasure of your personal data.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any information which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your information, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your information, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your information (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- to restrict processing of your information;
- to data portability (moving some of your information elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- to object to your information being processed in certain circumstances; and
- to not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your information.
Any request for access to or a copy of your information must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law.